Courtney Fuller, APRN, is our breast cancer nurse navigator — a certified oncology nurse who is specially trained to help you through treatment. She provides one-on-one support and guidance from the time of diagnosis through survivorship.
A large part of Courtney’s role is care coordination. She communicates with your cancer care team, including radiologists and surgeons, and helps you and your family understand all of the information presented.
- Set up your initial consultations.
- Accompany you to those consultations and take notes for you.
- Arrange translation/interpretation services, if necessary.
- Educate you and your family about your cancer and treatment options.
- Help you keep track of the questions you want to ask your care providers.
- Organize and explain your paperwork.
- Provide referrals to any additional support services you may need.
- Inform you of cancer research trials for which you may qualify.
- Answer questions, offer encouragement, and provide one-on-one support and guidance throughout diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
You’re never alone at St. Francis. Call 308.398.5450 to learn more about our nurse navigator services or to get in touch with Courtney.