At Saint Francis we are committed to promoting wellness and preventing illness.
Smoking or use of other forms of tobacco are prohibited at all Saint Francis Medical Center facilities. This includes all grounds, and parking areas. If you must use tobacco, we would request that you do so off the campus property.
Latex Free Environment
Saint Francis is a latex-free environment. Latex balloons are not permitted in any Saint Francis Medical Center facility.
At Saint Francis Medical Center, we welcome our patients' families and friends 24 hours a day as long as the patient's condition allows. At times, Saint Francis Medical Center may restrict visitation or limit the length of visit in some cases. For example,
- When medical staff are attending to the patient
- When there may be infection control issues like increased incidence of RSV or Influenza
- When a visitor may interfere with the care of patients
- When a visit is not in the best interest of the patient
An adult must accompany all children who visit the hospital. Please check with the patient's nurse before bringing children into the patient's room.
Visitation privileges will not be denied on the basis of sex, race, color, gender, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Visitors arriving after 6 p.m. are asked to check in at the Information Desk.
Healthy Hospital Visits
Visits from friends and loved ones lift spirits and help healing. However, patient may more easily catch illnesses like colds and flu and get sicker than usual. To keep everyone safe and healthy Saint Francis Medical Center asks you to follow these simple steps:
- Do not visit patients if you are sick.
- Wash your hands or use sanitizing hand gel before and after entering the clinic.
- Cover your cough with a tissue or your sleeve. Wash hands afterward. Masks are
- available at the Information Desk.
Computers, Cell Phones and Electronic Devices
Computers, cell phones and other electronic devices can be used at the Medical Center except where electronic monitoring is in use. Visitors are expected to discontinue use if asked by a staff member. Individuals may not photograph or record in any manner another patient, visitor, physician or hospital staff member without their prior consent.