Assist various departments with sorting and filing of paperwork, data entry and other clerical duties.
- Summer: Times vary (Monday through Friday)
- School year: Directly after school to 4:30-5 p.m. (Monday through Friday)
St. Francis Daycare
Volunteers play games, read books and help serve snacks and meals to children.
- Summer: 9 a.m.-noon, noon-3 p.m., or 3-6 p.m. (Monday through Friday)
- School year: 4-6 p.m. (Monday through Friday)
Teen Volunteers fill balloons with helium for gift shop, stock and dust shelves. Volunteer cashier positions available with prior St. Francis volunteer experience.
- Summer and school year: Days and times vary
Hosts at the main entrance greet visitors, answer questions and walking people to areas of the hospital.
- Summer a school year: 4-6 p.m. (Monday through Friday), 10 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. (weekends)
Volunteers deliver magazines to nursing units and lounges, offering free magazines to patients, their families, and visitors. You are encouraged to visit with patients if they welcome conversation.
- Summer: 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Monday through Friday, as needed, time very flexible)
- School year: 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Saturdays and Sundays, time flexible)
Skilled Nursing Unit
Volunteers take residents for wheelchair strolls, on outings to the park, and help with crafts, passing food trays, or filling water pitchers.
- Summer: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1-3 p.m. (Sunday through Saturday)
- School year: 4-6 p.m. (Monday through Friday) and 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1-3 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday)
Volunteers help staff re-stock supplies needed in patient rooms.
- Summer: 2-4 p.m. (days vary)
- School year: 4-6 p.m. (Monday through Friday); 2-4 p.m. (weekends)
Volunteers greet patients on the sixth floor, answer phones and provide company for patients as needed.
- Summer: 8 a.m.-noon, noon-4 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. (each day)
- School year: 4-4:30 p.m. and 6-6:30 p.m. (weekends)
If you have questions please call Volunteer Services at (308) 398-5564.